A curated list of festivals, branded pop-ups, and immersive events and experiences this weekend in cities that We’re Magnetic calls home.
- EeeeeatsCon NY
- 10/6, Queens
- Brought to you by The Infatuation, EeeeeatsCon NY is a one-day food experience featuring a curated group of local restaurants, live music performances, and panels from thought leaders in the industry.
- Calvin Klein x Amazon Fashion
- Now – 10/7, Flatiron
- The Calvin Klein x Amazon Fashion NYC Market is an interactive brand event designed to immerse visitors in a physical market with a series of digitally enhanced experiences driving to Amazon.com/mycalvins.
- Marie Claire x Mastercard Pop-Up
- Now – 10/12, SOHO
- Soho Marie Claire + Mastercard opened up The Next Big Thing, a pop-up shop that mirrors the sections of the physical magazine: Work, Play, and Peak, and offers ways to help readers hack their busy lives.
- New York Magic Lab
- Now – 10/28, Chelsea
- The New York Magic Lab bills itself as the world’s first magic-themed art exhibit. It features a variety of installations that promise visitors a unique interactive experience.
- Screens Series: Gelare Khoshgozaran
- Now – 11/4, The New Museum
- In her videos, performances, and installations, artist and writer Gelare Khoshgozaran mines the effects of displacement and the unstable relationship between fact and fiction.
- Wonder World
- Now – 11/4, Soho
- Another Instagram museum, but with a fun twist: it’s set up inside the former studio of Andy Warhol. Visitors will wander through six installation spaces designed by New York-based artists.
- Human’s Best Friend
- Now – 11/12, West Village
- Think Museum of Ice Cream, but for dogs. Guests can take their four-legged friends to an Instagram-friendly playground pop-up (and those without dogs can check it out as well).
- Adult Swim Fest
- 10/6 – 10/7, DTLA
- Adult Swim Fest is a comedy-and-music festival for true-blue adult swim fans featuring performances by artists like Run the Jewels as well as a special Rick & Morty Musical “Ricksperience.”
- Cheat Day Land
- Now – 10/31
- Arts District LA’s newest Instagram museum, Cheat Day Land, celebrates the snacks and treats people love to indulge in. Fittingly, it’s taking place in the same space that once house the Museum of Ice Cream.
- Yayoi Kusama Exhibit
- Now – 12/21, Shoreditch
- The Victoria Miro Gallery will host Kusama’s “The Moving Moment When I Went to the Universe.” The exhibition will feature new paintings, sculptures, and a large-scale Infinity Mirror Room.
- Chambers of Flavour V3
- Now – 11/3
- A night of fully immersive, wildly varied eating and drinking, the Chamber of Flavour V3 promises to send attendees through a maze of rooms to feast on culinary curios and cocktails.
- Ballie Ballerson
- Now – 1/26/19
- This ball pit bar features interactive art installations including a pool of glowing balls, neon waterfalls, and glittering forests.
- Austin City Limits
- 10/5-7, 10/11-12, Zilker Park
- Brands will be popping up with experiential activations at both weekends of Austin City Limits music festival. Lineup includes: Amex Experience, Aviator Nation, Camelback, Honda, and more.